Job Title: National Fisheries Legal Expert for a Consultancy for Special assistance to Somalia on legal and institutional development (Individual)
- The Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) is an intergovernmental regional cooperation organization which brings together the Union of the Comoros, France, on behalf of Réunion, Madagascar, Mauritius and Seychelles. Its mission is to strengthen the bonds of friendship and solidarity between peoples and to contribute through regional cooperation to the sustainable development of its member states. The IOC has received a grant from the World Bank to support the SWIOFish regional project. It intends to use part of this grant to make payments under the individual consultant contract that will be responsible for a « National Fisheries Legal Expert for a Consultancy for Special assistance to Somalia on legal and institutional development (Individual)».
- The Consultant’s mission is to ensure the revision of the following (i) Gap analysis of the 2014 Fisheries Law and drafting of proposed amendments in accordance with the international commitments of Somalia, noting those required by FAO, IOTC and other relevant RFMOs (ii) Legal rationale for the proposed amendments, (iii) Revised draft Regulations and (iv) Completion of technical report 2. The mission will be carried out in Somalia.
- The Consultant will work: administratively under the supervision of the Indian Ocean Commission and technically with the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources of the Federal Republic of Somalia and together with the International Fisheries Legal Expert in all activities related to the assignment.
- The estimated duration of the benefits is approximately 60 days. The start of benefits is scheduled for August 2019.
- The Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) now invites eligible consultants to express their interest in providing the services described above. They must provide information justifying that they are able to implement the necessary expertise and perform the services in question (curriculum vitae, copies of diplomas and attestations, references concerning the performance of similar contracts, etc.).
- A version of the terms of reference is available on the website of the Indian Ocean Commission http://commissionoceanindien.org
- Expressions of interest must be filed electronically in uncompressed format at the address below no later than Friday, July 5, 2019 at 11:50 pm (Mauritius time UTC+4): e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Reference: ” National Fisheries Legal Expert for a Consultancy for Special assistance to Somalia on legal and institutional development (SWIO1-PY04-C07)”
- Individual Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank Guidelines on Selection and Employment of Consultants.
- The individual consultants concerned may obtain further information from the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) by sending e-mails to the addresses referred in paragraph 8.